Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Two points

Hi everyone,

I am in the same page with Laura, the things that was very clear for me was the use of the MAY and COULD, I think there is enough science and knowledge to say WILL. This is where the uncertainty comes in and unless we start moving aways from this there will be no change.
It is important to remember that there are uncertainties, but this are at the level of how much or how big changes will be, but not on if they are going to happen or not. We need to be more force full on this, people approach a MAY in a different way than a WILL.

As for the rest of the document, I agree also with what has been said about the need to convey the importance of a change in behaviours, and it is important to state that this must come from the individuals towards the governments, but also from the governments to the people (even if this makes them unpopular). There will be decisions that have to be made (as the do with economy) that many people won't agree on but have to be made and enforced and we need governments that are going to take these issues as seriously as they do the economy.

I suppose my views are very much geared from a purely scientific background.

See you later today

No comments:

Post a Comment